Hey it’s Dave from the First Light show. As we get closer to the Big Game this Sunday I wanted to share another of my favorite snacks I have enjoyed in the past. It’s sure to make your Super Bowl get together a big hit. Enjoy!
Yields: 1 quesadilla, 1-4 servings
- 1¬†teaspoon(s) butter
- 1¬† flour tortilla
- 2¬†ounce(s) cheddar, mozzarella, or Monterey jack cheese (or a combination), grated
- sliced tomato (optional)
- Browned meat or tofu (optional)
- Chopped scallions (optional)
- Diced avocado (optional)
- Sprouts (optional)
- Diced bell pepper (optional)
- Melt the butter in the skillet on medium heat.
- Put the tortilla in the pan. Next, put the cheese and, if you like, a filling or two on half of the tortilla. Use the spatula to fold the other side of the tortilla over the fillings.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the quesadilla over, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Let the cheese cool for a minute before you take a bite. Put a little guacamole on top for extra flavor.
Posted by Dave Schreiber /First Light Show