REGISTRATION now open for 2016 Walk for Animals with Yavapai Humane Society
2 Apr 2016
12:00 am Located at:
Yavapai Humane Society (YHS) invites animal lovers far and wide to its the 5th Annual Walk for the Animals on Saturday, May 14 at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott.
The event is a 1-mile and 5K walk intended to raise awareness for animal welfare, bring together animal supporters in our community. YHS is hoping to fundraise $40,000 through the event to support its lifesaving programs which care for more than 3,000 animals each year.
Hundreds of dogs are expected to bring their people out to this regionâ€™s premier pet loverâ€™s event to stroll or run the 1-mile and 5K course and enjoy fun activities, which will be available through noon for all on 4 paws and
- Strut Your Mutt contest, where contestants can enter to win first, second, or third place prize in any of three categories: â€śBest costume,â€ť â€śBest trick,â€ť or the â€śOwner look-alikeâ€ť categories
- A â€śBarketplaceâ€ť of pet-friendly vendor booths and lots of freebies
- An animal wellness tent offering low-cost canine vaccinations and microchips
- Pet artist
- Attempt at setting the Guinness World Record for most dogs wearing identical bandanas at once
- Canine Good Citizen testing
- Agility course and rally ring for dogs to practice new skills
- A kidsâ€™ corner with face painting, a bounce house, and cotton candy
- YHS Thrift Storeâ€™s pet boutique featuring all things dog and cat
Registration for the event is now open at www.yavapaihumane.org/walkfortheanimals. Event tickets for adults age 18 and older are $20, tickets for children 12-18 are $10; children age 11 and under walk for free. Participants can form a walking team and receive a fundraising page to help YHS collect donations. Â Registration is open all the way up to and including the day of the walk.
The event gates open at 7:00 a.m. and the opening howl for the 1-mile and 5K courses is at 8:00 a.m. Those who cannot attend the event but still want to help can raise money and save lives for YHS at its online fundraising page.
All proceeds benefit the Yavapai Humane Society, which saved more than 3,200 homeless pets in our community last year. In 2016 it will open an equine program in Chino Valley to rescue, rehabilitate, and adopt horses as well. YHS provides many life-saving programs to keep pets safe and with their families. Its â€śNo-Kill Ethicâ€ť means that animals are given a chance to find their forever homes. Its 97-percent live release rate is one of the highest, not only in Arizona, but the nation. As a private nonprofit, YHS is not affiliated with any other agency or national organization.
YHS thanks its 2016 event sponsors, including Prescott Area Pet Emergency Hospital, Petco, Phoenix Veterinary Referral & Emergency, Prescott Valley Ace Hardware, Doggie Delight Pet Grooming, and The Flooring Shack. Event sponsors are still needed and interested businesses can contact the Marketing & Development Director at 928-445-2666 x 105.
Cost: Event tickets for adults age 18 and older are $20, tickets for children 12-18 are $10; children age 11 and under walk for free.
Add this event to your Outlook - iCal
Add this event to your Google Calendar -